How Much Does Jewelry Repair Cost?
It’s not uncommon for jewelry to break or become damaged, especially our favorite pieces that we wear more often. You’re probably always super careful with your jewelry, but despite every precaution, it’s bound to need a repair. Whether it’s a simple scratch, a broken link, or even major damage, it’s likely that an experienced jewelry repair shop can repair the piece.
So how much is that going to cost you – is it even worth it? The prices can vary significantly depending on where you live, which jewelry shop you go to, the type of repair, and how difficult the repair is. That being said, here are some common repair estimates to give you an idea:
- Resizing a Ring – Expect to spend $35 or more (average is $35 to $55). Depending on the metal, whether you’re sizing down vs up, how many sizes, and how wide or intricate the band is can affect the price. Prices can go up to a couple hundred in some cases.
- Repair Broken Chain – $20 to $40.
- Tightening Loose Stones – $22 to $35.
- Restringing Pearls – $3 to $5 per inch.
- Replacing a Clasp – $10 to $50 depending on the type of metal.
- Bail Repair – $25 to $40 – The bail is the metal loop that attaches the pendant or charm to the metal chain of a necklace.
Custom Jewelry Repairs
The above list of jewelry repairs covers the most common types of repairs but it’s certainly not an exhaustive list. If your repair is more intricate or complicated than one of the common types of repairs listed above you will likely need to get a custom quote from a jewelry store. While we can’t really say how much it is going to cost you, there are some things you can consider that would affect the price.
Mainly, the type of metal will almost always affect the price of the repair, especially if the part, like a hinge or clasp, needs to be replaced. Naturally, the intricacy of the repair will also be factored in. How detailed and complicated the repair, how long it takes, etc… The best thing to do is contact your local jewelry shop or bring the piece in for inspection to get a more accurate price.
Wichita’s Top Jewelry Repair Shop
If you’re in need of jewelry repair in the Wichita, KS area, there’s no better place to go than Sparkle Jewelry. We can fix pretty much any damage that your piece of jewelry has sustained. Our quality of work is unmatched and our prices are very reasonable. Have a question or need a quote? Give us a call today! 316-305-2233